San Francisco State University will begin replacing the remaining living room windows in the 3-bedroom units in of the high-rise buildings starting on Monday, March 16, 2020. See FAQs below for further details.
When will the construction start?
- Construction will begin Monday, March 16th, 2020 in buildings 225-235 & 255-265 Buckingham Way
What are the hours of construction?
- Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Will my building be affected?
The only buildings that will be affected are:
- 225 – 235 Buckingham Way
- 255 – 265 Buckingham Way
- 285 – 295 Buckingham Way
- 325 – 335 Buckingham Way
Will my apartment be affected?
- Only three-bedroom units in UPN high-rises will be affected
What should I do if my unit is affected by this project?
Affected units will receive detailed information approximately one week prior to work, including:
- What steps to take to get your apartment ready
- Dates of entry by personnel
- Duration of work
My apartment is scheduled for a new window, how long will this take?
- Each apartment will take roughly two weeks to complete. Adverse conditions, such as inclement weather may delay completion dates.
Will I be inconvenienced?
There will be some noise during construction. Activities to be aware of include:
- Installation of mobile scaffolding
- Barriers around select work areas and entryways
- Entry into buildings and use of elevators by University personnel and contractors
- Entry into affected apartments to complete work
- Demolition of existing windows
- Drilling, grinding, and surfacing of window openings
- Installation of new windows
- Water testing
How long will this project last?
- Project is scheduled to last 3-4 months